Redgate Primary Academy caters for a wide range of disabilities throughout the pupil cohort, including:
- severe and complex learning difficulties
- moderate learning difficulties
- autism with associated learning difficulties
- visual impairment
- hearing impairment
- multi–sensory impairment
- social, emotional and mental health needs
- speech, language and communication needs
- physical disability with associated learning difficulties.
What is the Local Offer?
In September 2014 the government made a lot of changes to the way that children and young people aged 0 to 25, with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) are supported. This included making Local Authorities produce a ‘ SEND Local Offer’.
The SEND Local Offer aims to bring together helpful and useful information for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities and their families. It is a comprehensive guide to services and support all in one place. Please watch the video at the bottom of this page to find out more.